What To Do After An Accident
Immediately after an accident
- Turn your car off
- Check to see if any of your passengers are injured
- Are you or any of your passengers in pain
- If yes to either of the above questions administer first aid and call 911
- Check and assist people in the other car and assist as needed.
- Move all vehicle occupants safely away from traffic
- If you have a smart phone take pictures including all vehicle license plates
- Everyone in both vehicles need to stay at the scene until police arrive
- If your car is inoperable or if you are concerned about driving the safely call a tow service. It is important that your car be transported safely to a repair shop.
- Call your insurance company as soon as you can
- Exchange insurance information with other drivers involved
Choosing a Body Shop
- If your car needs repair please note, you do not have to use any particular body shop. Shop around for the repair shop that you are most comfortable with.
- Be sure the repair shop you are considering is licensed and know how to submit insurance claims.
- Damage is not always visible. Serious damage can be completely invisible. Always have your car check by a licensed repair shop